. . . check out the 2014 VOTERS GUIDE from the League of Women Voters of Texas and the League of Women Voters in the Austin Area.
Click here to view or download it.
Be advised that ALL of the incumbent Senators and Representatives for both the Federal Government and the State Government did not respond to the questions submitted to them by the League of Women Voters.
The non-responsive government officials are:
- Federal Senator John Cornyn
- Federal Representative John Carter (District 31 – for most people in the Coupland area)
- Federal Representative Bill Flores (District 17 for some Coupland area voters)
- State Senator Charles Schwertner (District 5)
- State Representative Larry Gonzales (District 52)
Evidently, our County Judge, Dan Gattis, and our County Commission, Ron Morrison, are concerned enough about keeping their jobs that they took the time to respond to the League of Women Voters’ questions.
But neither Ron Morrison or James Wilson seem the least but interested in even acknowledging two constituents concerns when submitted in a letter. Guess we don’t warrant a response if we’re not on the donors roster.